GhanaWeb is a vertical portal publishing everything related to the country Ghana. Aside news from Ghana, we offer background information, opinions, the facility to listen to over 200 Ghanaian radio-stations, classsifieds, a social network for Ghanaians and many more.
The portal was launched by a privately owned company in 1999 and operates under the laws of the Netherlands. Through this legal setup, we publish news from Ghana in a completely independent and neutral manner. Also, we have established a platform where Ghanaians can express themselves freely through opinion articles and by commenting on the news without being censored.
GhanaWeb is however a medium made for and by Ghanaians.
The news on the portal is updated by a team of editors who write articles or aggregrate from a wide range of Ghanaian media. The wide range of different media (print and online) from which we aggregrate ensures a balanced coverage of the news in Ghana.
Our portal is constantly being improved and extended by Ghanaian web developers and web designers. At a functional level, the portal is designed to meet the requirements of the 3 million unique visitors who patronize ghanaweb.com each month. At a technical level, the portal is constructed to load smoothly and reliably even in remote parts of Africa.
Our visitors are predominantly Ghanaian.
Historically, GhanaWeb has been very popular amongst the millions of migrant Ghanaians living in the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands and many other countries. This segment of our audience is very loyal, in fact, many visitors from the early years still visit us daily.
In the last decade, GhanaWeb became extremely popular in Ghana. Since 2008, we are ranked as the most popular website in Ghana featuring local content (source: Alexa).
Advertising with Ghana web is:
- The best way to reach a mass audience in Ghana with your message
- The most transparent medium as to measurement of the audience
- The website with the most engaged visitors
- More channels in one medium, radio, video, mobile and desktop
- Segmentation and targetting offers better advertisement possibilities
- We are the 3rd most visited website in Ghana
-Number 1 Ghana news website
- Biggest with approximately 4 million unique visitors
- Almost 100 Million monthly page views
- Great engagement. Visitors stay longer on Ghanaweb than on other top sites in Ghana.
- We broadcast live online TV and provide online video